Thank you for making a fanwork for me! I’m really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Here are a few things about me that might help you in interpreting my prompts, though they should definitely not be taken as hard and fast rules: if you feel like the fic/artwork you are inspired to write/make doesn’t match up with the things I’ve got here 100%, then go with your gut -- don’t feel that you have to shoehorn your fanwork into something that doesn’t quite fit. But if you want to fine-tune your options a bit, here are some things that might help:
- I’m all about the canon!verse. While there are plenty of great AUs that I’ve enjoyed very much, my favourite fanworks are the ones that fill in gaps and/or provide me with a new perspective on the canon. Having said that, canon-divergent AUs and modern day (still have powers) AUs are also lovely.
- I love the political dimensions of X-Men, and I love fic that incorporates that element of the canon, even if just in small ways (though large ways are fine too, of course).
- If you’ve chosen one of the Charles/Erik prompts -- one of my favourite things about this ship is the adversarial tension between them -- even in fics where they’ve somehow managed to work out a functional relationship, I enjoy seeing that tension there (perhaps channelled in some more productive ways). Of course, the whole “enemies who can’t keep their hands of each other/can’t help being in love” thing is also good. :)
- Bittersweet is my favourite flavour. Fluff can be amazing and lovely -- but it works best for me if there’s a hint of melancholy in there. By the same token, I love angst and sadness, but it doesn’t usually work for me unless there’s at least the potential (however small) for something better thrown in.
I don’t think it’s likely to come up given my prompts, but just in case, I’ll also ask that you avoid anything sexually explicit that relates to under-18s. Other things that aren't to my taste include Omegaverse and mpreg. But in general my tastes are broad.
- Gen prompt: How do Kitty and Erik interact in the grimdark timeline? At the beginning of DOFP they're working in separate teams, but those teams must have interacted at least a few times in the leadup to DOFP. What do they make of each other?
- Grimdark timeline, old!Charles/Erik, hurt/comfort -- A moment (or moments) alone. How do Charles and Erik interact when no one is watching?
- When the timeline is re-written, Kitty and/or Rogue still get glimpses of what was. How do they deal with knowing what has been gained -- and lost?
- Angry hurt/comfort: during one of their conflicts, Charles or Erik is injured. The uninjured party takes care of the injured one, in spite of his anger. Snuggling may ensue.
Thank you again, dear anonymous creator of fanworks!